- Audio Conference
HIPAA Enforcement: How to Prepare for an AuditAudio
Conference Price: $199.00
January 15, 2009
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (Eastern)
Please check your time zone for the correct local
BONUS: Get your specific question addressed in
a live Q&A
Healthcare organizations are coming under increased
scrutiny by CMS and other government agencies. Agencies are stepping up
enforcement. Private Plaintiffs are collecting damages. Health organizations
identified as non-compliant experience public humility and stiff penalties.
What can you do to protect yourself from HIPAA liability? Join our expert
presenter, Cynthia Marcotte Stamer, for this 60-minute audio conference
where you will discover:
- Compliance and audit strategies to respond to heightened government
- Top 3 security issues auditors will focus on in 2009
- Solutions to your biggest HIPAA compliance challenges
- What liabilities you could potentially face if you are non-compliant
This 60-minute, audio conference will provide you and your staff with
tips, tactics and guidelines to ensure HIPAA privacy and security rule
compliance and keep your organization's reputation spotless.
- HIPAA Enforcement - OIG, CMS and OCR plans
- Why is HIPAA security enforcement on the rise
- What top security breeches is CMS looking for
- Specific steps to take to be "audit ready" if CMS comes knocking
- HIPAA Compliance - Keys to Effective Policies & Procedures
- Policies & procedures that are needed to stay compliant with
- Specific solutions to your most difficult security & privacy
- Tips on reventing, detecting, containing and correcting security
- HIPAA Security Audits - What You Need to Know to be Prepared
- What specific breeches can trigger an audit
- Specific checklist to help you be audit-ready
- Real life lessons learned from recent audits
- Live question and answer session - Get answers to your toughest HIPAA
security and privacy compliance questions.
Attorney Cynthia Marcotte Stamer has advised health and managed
care payers, providers, governmental agencies and other health industry
clients about HIPAA and other privacy and data security matters and a host
of other legal and operational matters.
- A widely published author and highly sought-after speaker, Ms. Stamer
also is the author of "Privacy Invasions of Medical Care-An Emerging
Perspective," ERISA Litigation Manual (BNA) (2003-2006); a chapter
entitled "Other Torts" published in the E-Health Business & Technology
(ABA), "Cybercrime and Identity Theft: Health Information Security Beyond
HIPAA," ABA Health eSource, May, 2005, "Privacy & Securities
Standards-A Brief Nutshell," BNA Tax Management and Compliance Journal,
February 4, 2005 and numerous other highly regarded publications about
cybercrime, identity theft and other privacy and data security, and other
risks arising from health industry.
- A highly popular speaker, Ms. Stamer also regularly serves on the
faculty of numerous seminars for the American Bar Association, the
American Health Lawyers Association, the Harris County Medical Society,
the Data Protection Summit, the Healthcare Compliance Association, and
- Ms. Stamer also is known nationally and internationally for her
leadership involvement in numerous professional and civic organizations.
Ms. Stamer is the immediate past Chair of the American Bar Association
(ABA) Health Law Section Managed Care & Insurance Interest Group, Vice
Chair of the ABA Real Property, Probate & Trust Section Employee
Benefits & Compensation Committee, Vice-Chair of the ABA Tort &
Insurance Practice Section Worker's Compensation Committee, a member of
the Leadership Council of the ABA Joint Committee On Employee Benefits, a
former member of the editorial advisory board of BNA's Employee Benefits
Library on CD, Member, and in numerous other health industry civic and
Progressive Business Conferences is registered with the National
Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of
individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors
may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue
North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: http://www.phconferences.com/5U/www.nasba.org
Program Level: Intermediate
Advance preparation: No
Program Materials will be provided approximately one week before the
program date via email with PDF links. Please download the PDF files before
the day of the program.
$199.00 for live audio conference and program
This is an outstanding program and therefore we offer our attendees a
Money Back Guarantee - We are so confident you will find the conference
program valuable that we offer a 100% money back guarantee, making this a
PLEASE NOTE: Participation in the call is just $199.00 per site and
allows access to one phone line for an unlimited number of people to listen.
All materials must be retrieved from the Internet.