EDS Global Healthcare Symposium
April 23-24, 2008
Please be our guest at the EDS Global Healthcare Symposium to be held at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, TX. Join us for knowledge sharing and networking with your Healthcare Industry Peers.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Uwe Reinhardt, a leading authority on health economics and policy. Dr. Reinhardt is the James Madison Professor of Political Economy and Professor of Economics and Public Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. He is considered one of today's most sought after speakers on healthcare systems and health reform and he is known for his informative, humorous and insightful presentations.
Luncheon Keynote: Dr. John C. Goodman is the president of the National Center for Policy Analysis. He will discuss his research and findings from Patient Power: Solving America’s Health Care Crisis, a landmark book on consumer-driven healthcare, and Lives at Risk, an analysis of healthcare institutions in countries around the world.
Other Confirmed Speakers
- US Congressman Michael Burgess, MD, District 26 - Texas
- State Senator Bill Cadman, Colorado
- Terrance Carroll, House Assistant Majority Leader, Colorado
- Lola Chriss, Manager, Health Promotion & Benefits and Occupational Health, Texas Instruments
- John Engler, President, National Association of Manufacturers
- State Senator Steve Faris, Arkansas
- Mike Fogarty, CEO, Oklahoma Health Care Authority
- Brian Gelles, Manager, US Compensation & Benefits, EDS
- Bruce Goodman, Sr. Vice President and Chief Service and Information Officer, Humana Inc
- Coleen Kivlahan, MD, MSPH, Senior Medical Director for Innovation, SchallerAnderson/Aetna, Inc.
- Mitch Roob, Secretary, Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA)
- Dr. Kenneth Shine, Executive Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs, The University of Texas System
- Bill Simon, Executive Vice President - COO, Specialty Division, Wal-Mart
- Wednesday, April 23
12:00 – 6:00 p.m. Registration Open 6:00 – 8:30 p.m. Welcome Reception
- Thursday, April 24
7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast
8:00 – 8:30 a.m. Welcoming Remarks, Sean Kenny, EDS Vice President & Global Healthcare Industry Leader 8:30 – 10:15 a.m. Opening Keynote: Using Electronic Means to Facilitate Healthcare Delivery, Dr. Uwe Reinhardt 10:15 – 10:45 a.m. EDS and NAM Healthcare Survey Results Presentation 10:45 – 11:00 a.m. Break 11:00 – 12:00 p.m. Employers Roundtable 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Luncheon Keynote: Dr. John C. Goodman 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Healthcare Transformation Debate 2:30 – 2:45 p.m. Break 2:45 – 3:45 p.m. Healthcare - An Election Year View 3:45 – 4:45 p.m. Voices of Leadership Roundtable Discussion 4:45 – 5:00 p.m. Closing Remarks 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Post-Symposium Dinner (Optional) 5:00 – 10:00 p.m. Departures
- Friday, April 25
7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Departures
* Times are subject to change.
The nearest airport, Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW), is six miles from the Gaylord Texan. Dallas’ Love Field (DAL) is 22 miles from the Gaylord.
We will arrange for car service to provide transportation to and from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport or Dallas’ Love Field. A driver will be waiting at your airlines’ baggage claim with an EDS placard.
Please let us know your arrival and departure times and airport transfers will be arranged, as requested.
Hotel: Gaylord Texan Hotel & Conference Center
Surrounded by rolling pastureland and overlooking beautiful Lake Grapevine, this upscale resort with views of Lake Grapevine features a four-and-a-half-acre atrium garden, spa, fitness area, indoor pool and much more.
A block of rooms has been reserved under “EDS Global Healthcare Symposium”. Please contact Liz Friedman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to secure your room.
We look forward to sharing ideas and seeing you in Texas!